Facebook Likers

September 08, 2010

(Tutorial) Setting Up Your iPhone Internet & MMS Setting

As I'm using iPhone, the usual problem that's cropping and affecting everybody does occurred to me also. The unit I'm using was bought from Maxis, but I am using Digi as my service provider.. The problem usually starts whenever I'm restoring my phone. Sometimes I did forgot that the carrier setting aka APN setting will automatically updated to newest version, and as for me it always updated to Maxis setting, which means I cannot use MMS and also I would lose the ability to use tethering options.
I usually decline the offer to update the carrier setting, but sometimes I forgot and that means I need to do a restore which is time consuming.
Be aware of this, because if you accepted the update, it will setup your iPhone with Maxis setting. We can actually enter the carrier setting manually but this is applicable only for unlocked iPhone set only.

Step 1.
First, go to  
                Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network
 
Step 2.
Enter these setting based on your service provider.

MAXIS - Internet Setting
APN: unet or net
Username: maxis
Password: wap 
MAXIS - MMS Setting
APN: unet
Username: maxis
Password: wap
MMSC: http://172.16.74.100:10021/mmsc
MMS Proxy: 202.75.133.49:80
MMS Max Message Size: 307200
MMS UA Prof URL: 

DIGI - Internet Setting
APN: diginet
Username:
Password:
DIGI - MMS Setting
APN: digimms
Username: mms
Password: mms
MMSproxy : 203.92.128.160
MMSC: http://mms.digi.com.my/servlets/mms
MMS Max Message Size: 307200
MMS UA Prof URL:

CELCOM - Internet Setting 
APN : celcom3g
Username:
Password:
CELCOM - MMS Setting
APN: celcom3g
Username:
Password:
MMSC: http://mms.celcom.net.my
MMS Proxy: 10.128.1.242:8080
MMS Max Message Size:
MMS UA Prof URL:

U MOBILE - Internet Setting
APN: my3g
Username:
Password:
U MOBILE - MMS Setting 
APN: my3g
Username:
Password:
MMSC: http://10.30.3.11/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy: 10.30.5.11:8080

Step 3.
Next, go to
             Settings -> Messaging -> MMS Messaging -> ON.

Also you can also use the configuration utility to install the operator setting. This I will teach on another post.

7 comments:

  1. Nice dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TQ. It heps my friend's maxis setting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Casendra, glad to help. Thanks for visiting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. TQ... now i can send MMS to my friends...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mizz AJ,
    double post...hehe thanks!
    Visited your blogs, nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what if there is no option for "Cellular Data Network"? How do I enter my APN settings?

    ReplyDelete

Ada nak komen apa-apa? Jemput bersila untuk menaip :p